Today, I’m happy to say that after weeks of discussions, Google has come onboard toRoyalty Claim to make it possible for DIY music creators to get DIRECT LICENSING DEALS with Google Play Music and YouTube.
Read more in Royalty Claim’s Facebook post.
Highlights from the infographic:
• The Royalty Claim Initiative has ingested nearly 60 million records of entitlements currently available for search and claiming in the Royalty Claim Platform.
• Over 350 music creators and music industry companies from 16 countries have joined Royalty Claim.
• Users have conducted over 4,500 searches and have created over 600 claims resulting in a 13% “find rate.”
We have a ways to go, but we are thrilled to see that so many music creators and rightsholders are feeling just a bit more empowered with data.
View the infographic here.
Microsoft Is Shutting Down Groove Music – Here’s Everything You Need To Know About Claiming Mechanical Royalties Before It’s Too Late!
Microsoft is shutting down Groove Music. Here’s everything you need to know about claiming mechanical royalties before it’s too late!
Royalty Claim Announces Unclaimed Neighboring Rights Database – Launches With Nearly 1 Million Records
Neighboring rights is becoming a hot ticket music rights issue as download decline (and thus, mechanical royalties) and Internet streaming soars. However, the fact that US music creators and rights owners get the short end of the stick in terms of the global view of neighboring rights protections and financial reward, it is more important than ever of US stakeholders to see where and how their music is performing around the world. Neighboring Rights Agencies have boomed over the last several years to address this issue, but they’re still highly selective and most work with a few dozen performers, if any at all.
Royalty Claim Initiative‘s mission is clear:
“To aid in creating transparency in the global music licensing ecosystem.”
We do this by conducting research into the global music licensing ecosystem to understand where and why royalties go uncollected. The Royalty Claim Platform is a FREE online search engine empowering music creators and rights-holders with access to the data about unclaimed royalties and music licenses.
After a rocky launch weekend, we are happy to announce that we’ve just made over 22 Million more Section 115 NOI records searchable. Copyright owners (or their agents) can create a free account, search for free, and initiate claims for free.
Harry Fox Agency, Music Reports Inc, MediaNet and Loudr are among the licensee agents that will receive claim notifications via Royalty Claim for Section 115 NOIs filed on behalf of digital service providers such as Spotify, Google Play Music, Microsoft Groove Music, Pandora, iHeartMedia and Amazon Music.
Join today and search for free at www.royaltyclaim.com
Billboard Highlights Dae Bogan’s Course At UCLA Herb Alpert School Of Music Among Its “15 Best Music Business Schools In 2017”
Billboard today published its list of “The 15 Best Music Business Schools In 2017” and among them, UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music was recognized for the work it’s doing to launch a new hybrid musicology and music business degree program.
The article also highlighted the “Music and Entrepreneurship” course that will be developed and taught by me in Winter 2018.
I am honored to be mentioned among the many other programs and educators represented in the article. This comes on the eve of my free music industry entrepreneurship masterclass tour taking place in Brooklyn (9/30), Oakland (10/14), Cleveland (10/21), and Los Angeles (11/18) and the launch of a series of online music business courses that I will be developing under my brand Marcato Academy.
Read the full article here.
Dae Bogan Announces Marcato Academy’s FREE “Music Industry Entrepreneurship Masterclass Tour” 2017 – Brooklyn / Oakland / Cleveland / Los Angeles
For years I’ve been asked to live stream my classes and workshops. I’ve finally decided to do something even better: I’ve decided to develop an online music business academy.
Over the next few months, I will be developing and publishing music business education online courses under the brand Marcato Academy. In music theory, “marcato” is the Italian word for emphasis and here I use it to mean an emphasis on quality music business education.
To kick-off to this journey, I’ve decided to put together a series of FREE masterclasses in cities that I will be visiting over the next several weeks to speak at music industry conferences or catch up with family and friends.
The “Music Industry Entrepreneurship Masterclass Tour” will feature four spot dates of 2 hour classes held in Brooklyn, Oakland, Cleveland, and Los Angeles.
Topics To Be Covered:
- Intellectual Property (IP) – What is IP? What IP does your business create? How to protect your IP? What third-party IP does your business use? How to be compliant in the use of third-party IP?
- Rights Administration & Licensing – What rights do you own and/or control? How are rights licensed and monetized? What are some rights administration best practices? When and how to join music rights organizations?
- Business Formation – What business formation options are available to you? What are the pro’s and con’s between different entity structures? What are some tax implications that should be considered?
- Go-To-Market Strategy – How to conduct market research in the music industry? How to develop a go-to-market strategy? How to market on a budget?
- Team Building – When and how to build your team? How to seek, vet, and hire freelancers? How to leverage interns in a mutually beneficial manner? Best practices for remote organization management.
- Networking & Personal Branding – How to establish a personal brand as a music industry professional? How to find networking opportunities? Online networking best practices?
Ideal Attendees: Music industry entrepreneurs starting or currently operating record labels, music publishing companies, artist management firms, music production houses, and self-managed DIY musicians.
Tour Dates (Masterclass @ 11AM):
- Sat. 9/30 – Brooklyn – 395 Warehouse – 395 Johnson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Sat. 10/14 – Oakland – Zoo Labs – 1035 7th St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Sat. 10/21 – Cleveland – BOP STOP at The Music Settlement – 2920 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Sat. 11/18 – Los Angeles – SAE Insitute LA – 6700 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038
FREE TICKETS AT WWW.MARCATOACADEMY.EVENTBRITE.COM