Marcato Academy’s “Music Industry Entrepreneurship Masterclass” is now accepting enrollment for April 27th, 28th, and 30th. A recorded replay will be sent to individuals who cannot attend the live masterclass.
Billboard Highlights Dae Bogan’s Course At UCLA Herb Alpert School Of Music Among Its “15 Best Music Business Schools In 2017”
Billboard today published its list of “The 15 Best Music Business Schools In 2017” and among them, UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music was recognized for the work it’s doing to launch a new hybrid musicology and music business degree program.
The article also highlighted the “Music and Entrepreneurship” course that will be developed and taught by me in Winter 2018.
I am honored to be mentioned among the many other programs and educators represented in the article. This comes on the eve of my free music industry entrepreneurship masterclass tour taking place in Brooklyn (9/30), Oakland (10/14), Cleveland (10/21), and Los Angeles (11/18) and the launch of a series of online music business courses that I will be developing under my brand Marcato Academy.
Read the full article here.
Dae Bogan Announces Marcato Academy’s FREE “Music Industry Entrepreneurship Masterclass Tour” 2017 – Brooklyn / Oakland / Cleveland / Los Angeles
For years I’ve been asked to live stream my classes and workshops. I’ve finally decided to do something even better: I’ve decided to develop an online music business academy.
Over the next few months, I will be developing and publishing music business education online courses under the brand Marcato Academy. In music theory, “marcato” is the Italian word for emphasis and here I use it to mean an emphasis on quality music business education.
To kick-off to this journey, I’ve decided to put together a series of FREE masterclasses in cities that I will be visiting over the next several weeks to speak at music industry conferences or catch up with family and friends.
The “Music Industry Entrepreneurship Masterclass Tour” will feature four spot dates of 2 hour classes held in Brooklyn, Oakland, Cleveland, and Los Angeles.
Topics To Be Covered:
- Intellectual Property (IP) – What is IP? What IP does your business create? How to protect your IP? What third-party IP does your business use? How to be compliant in the use of third-party IP?
- Rights Administration & Licensing – What rights do you own and/or control? How are rights licensed and monetized? What are some rights administration best practices? When and how to join music rights organizations?
- Business Formation – What business formation options are available to you? What are the pro’s and con’s between different entity structures? What are some tax implications that should be considered?
- Go-To-Market Strategy – How to conduct market research in the music industry? How to develop a go-to-market strategy? How to market on a budget?
- Team Building – When and how to build your team? How to seek, vet, and hire freelancers? How to leverage interns in a mutually beneficial manner? Best practices for remote organization management.
- Networking & Personal Branding – How to establish a personal brand as a music industry professional? How to find networking opportunities? Online networking best practices?
Ideal Attendees: Music industry entrepreneurs starting or currently operating record labels, music publishing companies, artist management firms, music production houses, and self-managed DIY musicians.
Tour Dates (Masterclass @ 11AM):
- Sat. 9/30 – Brooklyn – 395 Warehouse – 395 Johnson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Sat. 10/14 – Oakland – Zoo Labs – 1035 7th St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Sat. 10/21 – Cleveland – BOP STOP at The Music Settlement – 2920 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Sat. 11/18 – Los Angeles – SAE Insitute LA – 6700 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038
FREE TICKETS AT WWW.MARCATOACADEMY.EVENTBRITE.COM